Monday, September 6, 2010

What's black and white and red all over?

I spent three days last week up in Seattle so I pushed to get the viking bag woven and off the loom. When I got home I washed the material and the strap so it would full a little (or shrink) and here's what I got.




It's funny how all three colors had shrunk at different levels. Guess I'll have to give the material a good steam pressing before I sew it up.


I'm deciding I'm not a big fan of ridged heddle looms. They're great for travelling with and teaching on, but I don't get a tight tension on it and then there are the bruises on the belly where the loom rests, I'm going to use the floor and table looms as much as possible.






1 comment:

  1. Well, regardless, I think its really pretty and you've done another great job. Reminds me of the colors of someone's wedding...hummm....anyway...are you gonna line the bag? May help if the bag has to be cleaned at all to help keep its shape....just a thunk. (but then again...I'm blonde...and when I walk, I'm a wind tunnel! )

    ReplyDelete