And things have changed in the last 3 - 4 years. Weed Abatement. Many of the good places were gone, some had been fenced in, but I was able to get a good gallon bag of the daisy heads. Now, the family was leaving the following Friday evening for a trip to visit family in SE Washington and I knew I had to have a dye evening otherwise the daisies would be moldy when we got back. My family let me take over the kitchen for the next few nights to play - because I couldn't just do the 1 plant. I also grabbed some of the stinging nettles from the backyard (ouch) and I had some old eucalyptus leaves and did 1 pot dyeing for three nights in a row. Lets say the house had some interesting fragrances that week. I will have to post pictures later.
When we got home from the trip I was reminded of a weaving / spinning demo I had volunteered for on April 16th. I didn't want to warp my loom for just 1 or 2 bags, so I put on enough warp for 5 bags (about 6 1/2 yards). Tuesday night I measured out my warp, Wednesday night I threaded the reed, Thursday night I got half of the heddles threaded and that left panic time on Friday. Now, like most of you others, weaving time is limited and most of the time I can't start until after 8PM (family dinner, family time, etc) so Friday night was a "I'll be in when I get in" night. And I got my little loom warped in only about 4 hours.
When I got to the park I started weaving and I wasn't sure what color weft I wanted, so I wove about 1 inch of white, then black and then grey. Bridget and Cat Ellen thought I should continue weaving that way.
And here is a closeup picture of the cloth.
The lav / pink is a logwood exhaust, the yellow is from the daisies and the eucalyptus (it's hard to tell there are 3 shades of yellow in there).
I think I wove about 2 yards at the demo, then finished it up the following week(s) (after I repaired the loom). Here is the cloth after a gentle wash to do a light fulling
Here is a finished product
The band is a weft faced band I woven on the loom as I am weaving for 5 bags. If it was just 1 bag, I would have done it on an inkle loom.
Now to start planning to next group of bags.